With Tilt, you're now able to send and request money using our mobile app—perfect for getting paid back from your friend for last night's dinner or collecting rent and utility expenses from your roommates.
Note: The Pay and Request features are only available to Tilters in the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. If you haven't already, you can download the latest version of our app from the App Store or Play Store.
How do I request money?
- Tap the Request button at the top right of the Home screen.
- Enter the amount you'd like to request. Pro Tip: Easily split the bill among friends with the built-in calculator!
- Add the recipient(s) by name or phone number. You can even request money from one of your Tilt groups! If the recipient is not on Tilt yet, they will receive a text with the download link and instructions to set up a Tilt account and pay you back (takes less than 60 seconds).
- Add a short description to the payment requested. Pizza last night🍕🍕🍕, drinks🍸🍷, rent🏡—you name it. You can choose whether the request will be visible for everyone on Tilt, for your friends, or for the participants of the transaction only. For more information on our privacy settings, please see this article.
- Now, just tap Request and get paid!
Want to request money from friends abroad? No problem! You can request money from anybody in the world as long as they have a debit or credit card. Their payment will be converted into your local currency at the current exchange rate. Foreign transaction fees may apply.
Some friends still haven't paid you back for dinner last week? You can remind them with one tap! Simply navigate to the request in the Created tilt section of your profile and hit Remind to notify them once again to pay their dues!
From within the request page, you're also able to add more people or share the link to the request by clicking the More options menu at the top right corner of the screen.
How do I receive money?