Verifying your identity on Tilt
When you’re receiving money on Tilt, we’ll ask you for a little bit of information to verify who you are, ensuring that there is a real person behind every transaction. These practices are important to prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing. In other words, Tilt stays safe and trustworthy for our users around the globe when we keep identities verified.
- How do I verify my identity on Tilt?
- What forms of personal identification (ID) verification does Tilt accept?
- I’m having trouble uploading my photo ID. What’s up?
- My ID was rejected. Why’s that happening?
- I was supposed to receive my funds, but I was asked for more verification information. Why?
- I don’t have a SSN. What should I do?
- Why is Tilt asking me for my full SSN?
- I want to change my verification information. How do I do that?
- Is my verification information secure with Tilt?
- I’m part of an organization raising funds on Tilt. Whose identity should be verified?